OUR REMARKABLE STORY
Our story starts in 1911 with Joseph Rajkowski, in the small Polish town of Grudziadz. Famine was rife, and Joseph was struggling to feed his family on his poor wages at the farm he laboured for.
He decided to risk everything for a better life, so handed in his notice, and the next day started
Rajkowski Firma Budowlana.
Joseph's son Alec joined him, and the company thrived until the outbreak of WW2. Alec was conscripted, and the family and business were torn apart. Soon after Alec was captured and sent to CAMP DACHAU.
ESCAPE FROM DACHAU
Towards the end of the war Alec escaped from the camp and fled to the UK. Arriving in Gloucester with nothing but a few coins, he purchased a bag of cement and a barrow of bricks and set to work going door to door helping people repair their bomb-ravaged houses.
FROM THE ASHES
Alec started doing larger projects, and quickly built a reputation for care and attention to detail. Over the decades the business flourished.
In 1977 Alec handed over the company to his son, Alf, who brought a passion and flair for design that was totally new in the industry and something no other builder could match.
In 1998 Alf was joined by his son Richard who has expanded our range of Development Projects, including Office conversions, Holiday Chalets and traditional residential homes.
IN THE BLOOD
Alf still remains key designer and client contact for all projects.
Alec, now in his 90s, also enjoys regularly visiting our projects.